Wednesday, August 21, 2019

It's all in my head!

 So I saw my doctor today. This is a nice guy, a younger fellow, kind. Immediately upon him sitting down to talk to me I feel better. After dealing with my sister only for days, it was so nice to sit with a professional and have a little chat.

  He says my thyroid is doing so good I'll be off the levothyroxine in no time. I did not think I'd be BEATING hypothyroidism. But I am. So all the symptoms were my body dealing with the stress and not having an exit plan etc. My doctor says "Get yourself to Oregon, it's your best bet for getting on T and having the rest done." He proceeds to tell me that he has 3 patients that are wanting to get to Oregon right now. For the same reasons. But they are stuck. I am not stuck. I am going to go. He is only worried about me not having a place to live. I said Doc, you just told me I'm healthy as hell, I'll be ok. As long as it's not winter, and it won't get that cold at night for a couple of months, I'll be fine. I have a sister I never met in California, I could always go visit her for a minute too. I have options. He's only worried about me being homeless, but the rest of our convo he seems to agree that I have thought things out about the transition, he won't give me T now because of all the complications and he'd not be there to see it through. My doc in Oregon is on board since 5 years ago so... this doc thinks I have a good head on my shoulders for it. Soon as I started talking to a normal, educated, intelligent person, I calmed right down and felt quite good and normal. Then I got in the Uber to get home and the guy told me he has a ride service that operates outside and independently of Uber. He drives for Lyft/Uber solely to get clients for the ride service! I took his card. I can't afford 600 to go to Atlanta but I can afford 100 to go to the next city. So there's that.

  He said someone hired him to go with them to Birmingham and stay with them all weekend. NICE.  I'm jealous. I said I wanted to join haha. That there would be a good job for me. I could do that work.

  I could go back to work ! Wow. I Hadn't thought of that in some time but it's true, I can. If I could find a job that didn't try to kill me, let me have some freedom like driving around, I could do it. I could work again.

  Huh. That's kind of cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

3 days of peace

I mean, I had three days without Mike around.  Hear keys in the door then there's a woman in my room sitting on my bed and I'm freak...