Friday, August 9, 2019

Fucking Insurance Companies

I might be stuck in Alabama. It occurs to me that I have just been 'land locked' by the price of insulin. I'm going to have to look into it but it's possible that insulin will be too expensive in Portland. I would have had to leave my insurance behidn to go to Portland: they do not offer it in that area. I'd have been on Medicaid/Medicare only.  All the other expenses I would have had there were fitting into my budget.  With the occasional sale of a computer I'd build, I could have made it.


   not so sure now. We'll see ... I have a week to suss this out. Letting go of being in Portland for the winter is hard but the thought of dying on the sidewalk from rationing insulin is not one that appeals.  MEH.

   There's plenty for me to do should I be stuck. Like, I have to get on the doctor about starting the transition. Maybe I can do it here. Maybe there is a way to do it here. I'm going to hold my head up and remember this one thing:

   You can't see the silver lining sometimes until the cloud has moved away from the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

3 days of peace

I mean, I had three days without Mike around.  Hear keys in the door then there's a woman in my room sitting on my bed and I'm freak...