Sunday, August 11, 2019

A Lovely Time

Despite being half borked I managed to go to Chili's with my friend. It was lovely -- and she hasn't aged a minute in 10 years. Poor soul is struggling mightily against her capitalist lifestyle. Not satisfied at work, hating work in fact. Not happy with the social life in Birmingham, or trying to appear normal all the time. Not ... fulfilled as it were. If she didn't have a 8 year old to get back to... yeah and if I had a real bed. Hoo boy the waitress. Now the waitress was not my type but she was ... acting oddly. Perfect body, blonde hair pulled back in a pony tail, perfect teeth (too white for me, but whatever). And she didn't make eye contact with me although I always try to make eye contact with servers. She like looked at the floor, at the other patrons. At first.

   I smiled and made jokes and disarmed her and she looked at me. Once she looked me in the eye she became very attentive to our table and M thought I was flirting with her. I actually wasn't... I was just trying to suss out her odd behavior. M cautioned me not to walk down there every night to sit at the waitress's booth.

  We had a lovely time but most of it was spent trying to lure M to the dark side... of being in a 'tribe', having 'down to earth' friends, leaving the rat race at the door when you come home and making your home more of a village than a house. I told her she needed more friends like me who tell it like it is and she needs to drop the pretense because she is not cut out to be a capitalist ... and she agreed. She likes me because she can cut loose with me but the people she hangs around are all fake as hell and that has got to be exhausting. I feel bad for HER.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

3 days of peace

I mean, I had three days without Mike around.  Hear keys in the door then there's a woman in my room sitting on my bed and I'm freak...