Monday, August 12, 2019

DISHWASHER was a noble enough job

  I love the Trap House. [ https://old.reddit.com/r/ChapoTrapHouse/ ] Only far, far leftists need poke around in there. Others will be disseminated.

 I just wrote this [–]wheeldogNo Gods, No Masters   
   "Listen to me bub. I am 57 in Sept.; and what you describe: it is how it used to be. When I was a lad, washing dishes for a living and moonlighting as room service attendant-- I made minimum wage. I ate dinner for free every night on the hotel, I got a free room if the weather was horrible and it was too late for me to bike home. I got free coffee and free soda and a shift drink. I got breaks. I did not have insurance. But my manager paid when I cut myself on a beer bottle in the dumpster. I could afford to see a doctor if I had the flu or whatever. My manager sometimes invited me into his office to listen to DEVO and talk about garnishing the lobster bar. We had a RAPPORT! 
   I drove all over the state sightseeing. went to the beach. Took my friends! I had a cool ride too... honest to god it was a Chevy Malibu 350. Needed some work but she was something. Yeah. I was 19. Had the world by the tail. It was a good job, to be honest. Washing dishes. I got mad one of the waitresses once and slammed a whole bus tub full of dishes on the ground and broke it all up. They said "Don't do that again!" It was Richmond, VA, half white half black staff, all got along pretty well except me and that waitress... she played me haha. I was too naive. oh well.
Last time I washed dishes I stood on a concrete floor with no mat, for 9 hours, I mean I got my breaks. But it was balls to the wall and no one talked to me and I had to prep food in my downtime, with dull crappy knives too. There are so many prep dishes to be cranked out and it's like a factory. You get as many done as humanly possible until the dishes pile up and you have to go back to the dish station. And at the end of the night you take all the mats outside and spray them down and haul them back in, no help-- not that I NEEDED help but at the end of the night, a little help for the hardest job can really lift a person's spirits. That was the last 3 jobs I had... just like that. Oh one of them... you would not believe.
   New Seasons in Portland, Oregon. Best grocer in town... very sustainable practices, etc but the dishwasher is ... omg. We're talking non stop, full blast piled high dishes and pots coming down the conveyor belt all day. All day. And the dishmachine is tiny. There's no one to help on either end. You gotta put them away too. The space is terribly planned out. They treat their dishwashers like shit. It's the hardest job in the place. It's murderous. LOL, it kills me. I mean there was a time in my life when I was a kid, and I thought to myself I just wanted to be the worlds' best dishwasher. And I am pretty sure I am. BUT fuck doing it now, greedy owners and corporations have SUCKED THE LIFE out of an AMERICAN INSTITUTION!
/rant". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

3 days of peace

I mean, I had three days without Mike around.  Hear keys in the door then there's a woman in my room sitting on my bed and I'm freak...